Walk around Asunción’s historic centre and admire the grandeur of colonial-era buildings like the Palacio de Gobierno, styled on the Palace of Versailles, before hitting market stalls selling traditional arts and crafts. Paraguay is an under-explored pocket of South America, boasting rich wildlife, lush forests, and mighty rivers. This land-locked country is home to a proud Guaraní culture, as well as the 16th-century Jesuit Missions, which are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Footprintfocus Paraguay is a concise and portable guide to this friendly country, containing detailed information on attractions that are both popular and off the beaten track.
· Essentials section with practical advice on getting there and around.
· Highlights map so you know what not to miss.
· Comprehensive listings on where to eat & sleep, plus details on festivals and activities.
· Detailed street maps for Asunción and other important towns.
Stroll around the World Heritage Site Colonia del Sacramento and you will feel like you have travelled back in time: 17th colonial buildings grace the historic section, while the lively modern town extends around a bay. Go by horseback across the country’s rolling hills and stay overnight at a country estate. From historic gems to thermal springs, from charming riverside towns to gorgeous beach resorts: Uruguay is ideal for adventurous and leisurely visitors alike. Footprintfocus Uruquay also features detailed coverage of Buenos Aires, the main gateway to the country, plus comprehensive listings on where to eat, sleep and have fun.
· Covers Buenos Aires, the main gateway to the country.
· Highlights map of Uruguay and Buenos Aires so you know what not to miss.
· Detailed street maps for Montevideo, Buenos Aires and other important towns.
(c) Atlas & Zanzibar. All rights reserved